A security question allows you to recover your account, when you have lost your password or when some one else hack your account. It is important that you setup a good security question, so that others cannot guess the answer for that question.
During signup you might have given some easy to guess question, but later you may feel to change it or you might have forgot the answer to the question. You can change the question when ever you want. It is good to have a question, that no one else other than you can answer. This guide will teach you to change the security question, after signup, Because Gmail uses this security question to prove your ownership to the account in case u forget the password.
Changing your security question
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page, and open the Accounts and Import tab.
- Click Google Account settings
4. Click Change password recovery options under Personal Settings. You may be prompted to re-enter your password to help verify your password and protect your account.
5. In the ‘Security question’ section of the ‘Recovering your password’ page, select a security question from the drop-down menu or write your own, and provide your answer in the ‘Answer’ field.
6. Click Save to make your changes.