Facebook doesn’t encourage people to change their display names often. You can change your display name only a finite number of times, after that you won’t be able to change that. So, if you want to add your brand name or a stupid adjective along with your name, think twice before you do so.
Many of my friends asked me about how to change the display name in their facebook profiles, I thought of writing a article about it. This guide will help you to change your Display name in facebook, but be warned, don’t exploit this feature and try to change it often, else you’ll worry later.
Changing Display name in facebook
1. Log in to your facebook account.
2. Go to Account -> Account Setting on the top right navigation bar.
3. Under the Settings tab, Click the Change link in the Name field.
4. Enter your desired display name and click Change name Button to save the changes.
Facebook updated it’s interface in the past few months, so here is the updated procedure.
- Click on the Down arrow at the top right corner of the navigation bar
- Click on Account settings
- In the General account settings page, that opens, you’ll see your name listed at the top. Click on the edit icon next to it.
- You can change your name and nickname. You’ll be asked to enter your password for security reasons
- Click on the save changes button, once done.
It’ll usually take around 24 hours for the name to change. Facebook expects people to use only their real names in their profiles. You might be reported by other people if you try to impersonate others.
Hope this guide helped you. Do let us know if you have any doubts in the process through the comments and we’ll be glad to help you out !