Every aspiring blogger knows the importance of marking their work through social media. Social media is a proven method that has the potential to drive a massive amount of visitors to your blog. There are many different social media sites you can market on, and almost as many ways to do it.
For this article, I’m going to focus on the big one, Facebook. I’m also going to focus just on one important aspect of your Facebook marketing campaign. It’s one I see many people having trouble with, creating a Facebook page for your blog. Here’s how you do it:
- Start by visiting http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php.
- On this page, you will be given a choice of categories for your new Facebook page. It’s important to select the category that best represents your product, which in this case is a website. You’ll find “Website” listed under the Brand or Product heading. Select website from the dropdown, enter the name of your blog and click “Get Started”.
- If you’re not already signed into your Facebook account, you’ll be prompted to login at this point. If you don’t have a Facebook account, you’ll have the option to create one.
- Now you’ll be asked to add a profile picture to your blog. You can use a logo, if you have one. If it’s a personal blog or you’re branding your website with your own name, a professional headshot would be a good choice. You’re given the option to upload it from your computer or import it from a website. Click Save.
- The next page is where you’ll tell people about your website. Use a well-written description with good SEO. Is says right on the page that this information will be used for search engine indexing. Click Save.
- Now you’ll be directed to your new Facebook page. You’re almost finished.
- You’ll be prompted to be the first person to “Like” your page. Go for it. Someone has to be first. It should be you. It’s also the first step to spreading the word as the “Like” will be posted to your newsfeed.
- The next prompt asks you to share something. This is a great place for a welcome message or an introduction to yourself or your mission. It will be the first thing posted to your new page.
You’re new page is complete. From here you have all kinds of options for promoting your blog and customizing your Facebook page. The admin panel makes it easy to invite all of your Facebook friends with a few clicks. It also gives you stats on visitors and highlights new messages and “Likes” that your page has received.
The last thing I need to recommend that you do is upload a cover photo. You’re not prompted to do so anywhere in the building process, which I think is an oversight, and I see many pages with no cover photo.
Select anything you want for your cover photo, but make sure it’s relevant to your blog and captures as much essence of your work as possible. It also needs to be high-resolution so it looks sharp.
Follow these simple guidelines and get your social marketing campaign off to a good start. From here, you can explore all of the other options for marketing through Facebook. At the same time, you’re using your new Facebook page to collect likes, interact with readers and generate traffic.
This article is written By Adeel. He is young entrepreneur and Marketing Graduate, He has been writing on social media, SEO, Internet marking, technology and he works for Games Only. You can follow him on Twitter and Facebook.