My system was recently affected with khatra virus and with great difficulty i removed it without reinstalling the OS . let me share how I did that, with you.
Symptoms of the virus :
1. MS outlook opens often
2. Three process called gHost.exe , xplorer.exe , & khatra.exe will be running , which you cant end.
3. None of the antivirus software will open.
4. Sometimes task manager too does’nt open.
5. Most of your pc files will be duplicated ti a 712kb file.
Ways to delete it :
1. Open Task Manager and click the process tab, found these process named gHost.exe, khatra.exe and Xplorer.exe, right click on all these process and select end process tree.
2. Open Start Menu –> Run, type cmd and click Ok button
3. Download & Install everything search tool.
4. Run Everything and type the virus exe names one by one ( khatra.exe, gHost.exe, Xplorer.exe ) and delete all the copies found on your computer anywhere.
5. Now Open start menu –> run, type regedit
6. Press Ctrl+F and find the khatra,gHost,Xplorer and delete the values you find with these names.
Khatra Virus deleted !
Some tools which will help you in this process: