Nearly 168 billion spam mails are sent everyday and hundreds of them come to our inbox too. Gmail is one of the best webmail provider to scan for spam and remove them automatically, but if you find some spam in your inbox you can remove them manually and can prevent them from coming again.
To remove spam from your inbox:
- Select the unwanted messages.
- Click Report Spam.’
3. The shortcut key for marking a message as spam is ‘!’
To remove spam forever:
- Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page. (If you don’t see Spam along the left side of your Gmail page, click moreabove Contacts on the left side of the page.)
- Select the messages you’d like to delete and click Delete forever.
- Or delete everything by clicking Delete all spam messages now.
The more spam you mark, the better the Gmail system will get at weeding out those annoying messages. If you happen mark a good message as spam unknowingly, click Not Spam at the top of the message. If you marked it as spam, you can also click Undo immediately after to recover the message.