You have a Tablet PC in between your smartphone and your laptop. But, what if you needed something to fill the space between your tablet PC and your Smartphone ? Here comes a new breed of extra large smartphones that are too big to be called just as smartphones, yet small enough not to be called as a Tablet. Here comes the Samsung Galaxy Note, a part of this new breed of Smartphones on steroids.
Before taking a closer look at this device, let us see what this monster has got within it.
Samsung Galaxy Note – Specifications
- Processor: 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor
- Memory: 1 GB of RAM and 16GB Internal memory + microSD (up to 32GB)
- Display: 5.3” WXGA (1280 x 800, 285 PPI). It features the new HD Super AMOLED Screen.
- Dimensions: 146.85 x 82.95 x 9.65 mm and weighs 178g
- Camera: 8 MP with LED Flash in the rear and in the front it features a 2 MP Cam. The Camera app features several awesome modes. 1080p Full HD video recording (1080p@24~30fps) and playback is also available
- OS: Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Might get the ICS update soon.
- Network: HSPA+ up to 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100. It is a 4G phone and supports the LTE technology. EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Video and Audio: Video codecs available are MPEG4/ H.263/ H.264/ DivX, Xvid, WMV, VC-1. Audio codecs available are MP3, AAC, AMR, WMA, WAV, FLAC, OGG.
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-on 2,500 mAh. This massive battery can keep this massive phone alive for a considerably longer duration.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® technology v 3.0 + HS, USB 2.0 HOST, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct and also A-GPS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity, Barometer,Light sensors are on board.
Though the device is pretty big, taking pictures or shooting videos using it is not a chore. The pics and videos taken using this device are lovely and are of top notch quality.
The device’s highlight is its big screen that’ll make lovers of big devices take a shot on it. This device surely can replace your tablet. It is highly portable, but it might not fit into your pocket though.
The Galaxy Note, like its predecessor SII, is very thin in spite of the bigger screen. The big battery can hold up the device for a long time. The S-Planner app which comes preloaded, will help you plan your tasks with ease.
This is the device, if you are already hating your smartphone’s small screen size and that of your Tablet’s big screen size. This will surely fill in the space between the too.
Samsung has not provided US availability or pricing yet. The Note will go on sale in Germany on October 31st, and the UK on November 3rd. Pricing will be carrier-dependent.
Update: Samsung Launched the Note in India and it is priced around 34,990 INR