Since the announcement of the NGP from Sony, the sales of the PSP dropped and to boost it, Sony has announced a cut in the price of the PSP. PSP is one of the most advanced handheld gaming devices since its introduction. With this drop in the price, many can now afford to buy and experience the power of this small device.
The new price of $129.99 is only for the PSP-3000. Sony seems to have killed the PSP Go unofficially. That could have been a huge hit with some minor changes to the system. Sony has also launched limited edition packs of PSP. PSP Entertainment Packs (a.k.a. PSP bundles) will be available for $159.99. This includes the Dissidia Limited Edition PSP and the new Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP, if you can still find them (when Sony assigns the Limited Edition title, the company really means very limited limited quantities).
Apart from this Sony has also released some collector’s packs. These include the “Greatest Hits” and “Favorites” collections.
New PSP “Greatest Hits” Titles ($19.99)
- Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (Square Enix, Inc.)
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.)
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Resistance: Retribution
- Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive)
New PSP “Favorites” Titles ($9.99)
- CRISIS CORE-FINAL FANTASY VII (Square Enix, Inc. )
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom)
- Killzone: Liberation
- SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fire Team Bravo
- Tomb Raider Anniversary (Square Enix, Inc.)
The drop in the price may boost the sales of the device. If you are planning to gift your friend for a special occasion, then the PSP may be a great choice. Apart from being a Portable game player, it is also a complete Media player. So this drop in the price is a good news for many of us.