What made you land in this page? Did the title do the job? From the past few days, Facebook is being cluttered by lots of spam videos planted by the hackers (as they call so). Once clicked, the video, not exactly a video but a link, will get itself published in his / her friends’ walls.
Recently two spam videos are spreading throughout the site. One titled “[Video] Girl killed herself after her dad posted a secret of her on her fb wall!!” and the other one titled “[Video] Yeeah!! It happens on Live Teleevision!“. Are you a Facebook user, who is affected by this? If you have clicked any of these links, it is sure that, the link will automatically post in your friends’ walls with your name in it. This is sure to spoil your image, right?
What can one do to get out of this mess? Hopefully, we found a solution that will help users to get out of this mess. We have recently found that, once this link is clicked, an extension / add-on automatically gets added to your Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser, depending on which you use normally.
A simple remove of the extension / add-on will ensure that, the spam video no longer gets itself embedded in your friends’ walls with your name in it. Check out the below instructions to stop this.
[stextbox id=”info”]For Google Chrome Users[/stextbox]
- Open the Settings section of your Google Chrome browser by clicking the icon at the top right.
- In that, navigate to Tools and then enter the Extensions section.
- There, you can find an extension titled Extension YouTube with the description as Reproduce videos online….
- Hit the Remove button available.
[stextbox id=”info”]For Mozilla Firefox Users[/stextbox]
- Open the Firefox tab available at the top left of the screen.
- Go into the Add-ons section.
- There in the Plugins tab, you can find an add-on titled YouTube extension with the description set to girl killed herself
- Hit the Remove button available there.
That’s it. Once you finish this, you Facebook account is in safe hands. The videos will no longer pop in your friends’ walls with your name in it.
On the other hand, you might be an user not affected by this. Rather, your friends might be affected and hence you might be experiencing these stupid spam videos being dumped in your wall/timeline. How do you stop that? Dig into this post : Stop Friends From Posting Spam Videos on Your Wall in Facebook
Hopefully, your Facebook account is now really secure. You will no longer find spam videos in your Timeline or even be the one causing a stir by spreading these spam videos. Also, make sure to share this post with all your friends and also hit the Like and Tweet buttons available in the bar floating in the left side.