Do you ever wonder what is wrong with your printer, and don’t know what to do about it?
If your HP printer is misbehaving, causing paper jams, chewing paper, or producing ghost images on a regular basis then you should check the roller printer at least once before consulting a professional technician. Paper dust and debris will slowly pile up on your HP printer rollers, cartridges, guides, and trays that results in various printer faults while printing letters, invoices, or other important documents. Proper cleaning of an HP printer roller is one of the best means to ensure excellent printing throughout the life of the printer. Moreover, regular cleaning of the printer rollers will also reduce the chances of any possible printing issues.
Is it Really Necessary to Clean Printer Rollers?
Unless you strangely looking forward to spending your hard earned money to buy a new printer or you have a backup printer for your crucial printing needs, you could risk not cleaning the printer rollers. But, if you want to maximize the service life of your HP printer, it is recommended that you take some time to clean the HP printer rollers periodically. The cleaning of printer rollers is the best way to prevent the likelihood of paper jamming in the printer whilst maximizing the service life of your printer rollers as well as printer itself.
Pickup rollers, feed / separation rollers, and transfer rollers are some of the different types of printer rollers available in the HP printer. These rollers perform different functions and play a very significant role in producing quality printouts. Let’s have a quick look at the step by step guidance of how to clean these different types of printer rollers in the easiest and simplest manner.
Step-by-Step Guidance for Cleaning Paper Tray Rollers
- Switch off your HP printer and remove all the cables from the mains power supplies. Take out the printer’s paper tray and try to find out the printer rollers located adjacent to the paper tray. If you have an HP inkjet printer, you should try to locate the roller in the area just inside the printer frame where the paper tray slides into and out of the unit.
- Take a tablespoon of clean water or isopropyl alcohol and put it over a lint-free cloth. Now, clean the paper tray with the lint-free cloth until the rollers get free from dust and debris.
- Take a dry lint-free cloth and properly clean the printer rollers to make the rollers completely dry before sliding the paper tray back into the printer.
Step-by-Step Guidance for Cleaning Internal Pickup Rollers
- Remove all the power plugs from your HP printer. Once done, open the printer’s front door and take out the printer toner cartridge and remove it from the printer.
- Try to find out the internal pickup roller. Once found, pull it out towards the front of your printer.
- Now, take one tablespoon of isopropyl or clear water and pour it over a lint-free cloth. Now, gently clean the surface to remove the dust and debris from the surface of the roller and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Take a dry lint-free cloth and clean the rollers until the dust and debris get removed completely from the surface of the rollers.
- Properly re-install the internal pickup rollers before closing the front door of your printer.
So the problem was all about the cleaning of the printer rollers. If you are still facing a paper jam problem, it might be time to replace the old or damaged one with a brand new printer roller. So, what are you waiting for? Just order the replacement OEM printer rollers right from the comfort of your home by visiting the online store at printer supplies.